Meta: Do you like Discourse?

We’d love to hear your feedback on Discourse itself. What do you like about it? What don’t you like about it?

Are there strong alternatives you’d like to see us try for asynchronous, long-form communication? Some possibilities are GitHub Discussions (although that’s a closed format) and old-fashioned mailing lists (although people seem less and less inclined to use those).

Thanks for trying out the XTDB Discourse!

One thing I really like about Discourse is the email digests they send occasionally.

2 Likes

The markdown editor on this instance is slightly janky when using backticks for code samples by the way. For example:

discourse

I thought at first it was just a Discourse + Firefox bug (hmph!), but yesterday I wrote a post on Clojureverse and didn’t have the same problem. Maybe ask Arne what version he’s running? :slight_smile:

Thanks Jacob! I’d noticed this too and assumed it was my Firefox or the way I’d set up fonts (locally). As it turns out, it’s the fancy font I chose (Noto) that’s causing the trouble. I’ve switched it back to a safe and boring “System” font setting. Code ticks seem to render fine for me now if you want to give it a try.

Ah wonderful! It is working now. Thanks.